Everybody who is making WordPress web sites is faced with making the decision “What WordPress theme to use?”
This decision has an impact also for my clients and I want to offer the best. I don’t care what other people say. My targets are clear to me.
I do not want:
- to waste my time with setting up a layout with annoying ‘shortcodes’ for example one third column.
- hundreds of useless animations.
- officious or grumpy people from tech support
I do want:
- a theme which is not ‘just a template’.
- something for making almost any design I want.
- small files for fast loading.
- fast and friendly support for special modifications
- re-code what I want without doing code research longer than 10 minutes
- fast loading.
Yes, as is in the heading I end up with Enfold. It is an engine with freedom. A low-cost project can be done by loading a demo and replacing the content. Standard projects are individually set up and designed my way, where my vision has priority over theme limits.
And yes, I had a look for other themes too. Some have been impressive like The Rex theme for The Italian Eye Magazine. It was a once only. I am sticking with Enfold Theme. I really haven’t found anything better for me and for my clients.
If something changes, I will definitely let you know!
Milan is a web designer & developer and stock photographer. He also has over 20 years experience with hardware and software computer servicing for individuals, and small & middle-size companies, read more…